Friday, January 25, 2013

The Dragon Tower


Aaron was driving around one day, and happened to glance off to his left into the mountains. He noticed something there he'd never seen before: a giant dragon head sticking out of the trees. Understandably intrigued, he decided to drive in the general direction of the dragon and see if he could find a way up to it. He did, and a week later he told me he had something to show me: the dragon tower. Apparently there's some sort of camping/recreation area in the hills of Nagawa, near where we live, and they have converted what looks like the remnants of a cell phone tower base into a giant dragon themed jungle-gym kids can climb up and play on. I'm sorry I didn't get a closer picture, but there was actually a man in the little guard tower at the bottom (apparently there's a dollar fee to play on the dragon) who was staring at us impassively, and I decided I would be too embarrassed if another person saw my grown-up self absolutely freaking out over how cool this thing is. Please accept this far away picture and my apologies. I was too embarrassed to go climb on the dragon that day, but it's made it onto my bucket list of things to do in Japan before I leave (yes, I'm actually making one), so be assured that you will see this thing again. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to go back on as nice a day as this one was, as you can possibly tell from the picture below. All the little hut thingies are covered picnic tables, in case you were wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment