Monday, January 21, 2013

Samurai Movies


Rurouni Kenshin is a now 10 year old Japanese comic and anime series that I loved when I was younger, and for its anniversary they made a live-action movie, which of course I had to go see. It was a really awesome movie, and I was super proud of myself for understanding the entire thing as well (I was a little concerned the old Japanese grammar forms and Samurai speaking style might throw me). Rurouni Kenshin also ended up being one of my favorite whiteboard doodles when I drew it for the kids after summer break finally ended. I was surprised how many of the 4th graders recognized a 10 year old anime character, but I guess it's still pretty popular in Japan.


The photo at the top of the page is the official poster for the movie, which you should all go see if it ends up heading to the States. The middle picture is the overall whiteboard doodle, complete with my message to the kiddies, and the bottom picture is a close-up of just Kenshin's face. Because he's beautiful like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment