Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baby Seagulls


In nearby Hachinohe, there's a magical place, which I've talked about before. Well, not so much magical as absolutely horrifying. Kabushima is a little shrine on a hill, which happens to also be the traditional breeding ground of about 40,000 black-tailed seagulls, which descend upon the place like a plague every year. I've already been there once, and honestly that's kind of enough, but I always go back and show it to anyone who dares to come visit me. This last year, I had family come up and visit, so of course we had to show them this terrifying place. We actually went to Kabushima at a different time of year then we usually go though, so instead of just having adults everywhere, sitting on eggs or flying around, there were newly hatched seagull chicks as well. And.... I have to begrudgingly admit they are kinda cute for little brown balls of fluff. I still don't like seagulls though, even if the ones in these pictures are glowing with the light of god for some reason (my camera must have been having an off day).


No comments:

Post a Comment