Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happenings in Nature


 So in my time in Japan, I've been privileged to see a lunar eclipse, a solar eclipse, and whatever the heck those weird parallel rainbow things are (pictured above). The parallel rainbows I've actually seen twice; when I took this picture, a lot of people were freaking out, since the last time this happened was a couple days before the large earthquake and tsunami 2 years ago. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing more than a nice photo-op this time. I unfortunately don't have any pictures of the lunar eclipse, as I stupidly forgot to take one, and I don't have one of the solar eclipse as most people don't recommend staring directly into the sun. Instead, have this picture of the bus repair-man taking a break from his job to use his welding visor to stare at the sun in relative safety. Here's hoping I get the chance to see a few more amazing natural events before I have to leave this country.


No comments:

Post a Comment