Friday, February 1, 2013

Ninja Drawings are More Fun


Of course, one could argue that this isn't a proper ninja drawing, as you can see it. This particular ninja is Naruto, who is from the anime of the same name. After One Piece, I think this is one of the most popular animes among young boys currently. I had a lot of requests for Naruto, and I ended up really enjoying drawing this. Getting the perspective on the hand right was tough, but it turned out well. It's a shame this photo didn't turn out better, as there's lots of orange and yellow highlights I did in his hair and jumpsuit that you can't really see at all unless you get close. One of my fourth graders asked how I got the yellow, as they thought I was still using the school's markers, which are limited to black, red, and blue. Little did he know that by this point, I had already bought my own set of markers for use on whiteboard doodles, as the school's markers were running out of ink at an alarming rate. I was going to tease the kid by telling him I made it by mixing red and blue, but I thought it best not to mess with his color wheel studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment