Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What is Wrong with this Picture?


Yes, that is a Big Boy. Yes, that is Aaron standing next to it. Yes, Big Boy's are apparently alive and well in Japan if we could find one in Hachinohe, not 45 minutes from where we live. But what's wrong with this picture? I'll give you a hint... look closely at Big Boy's hands. That.... is not a hamburger. It is a hamburg steak. With the exception of McDonald's, I have yet to find a real hamburger in Japan. Instead, they put hamburger patties on hot plates, sans buns or any other normal toppings, cover it in sauce, and serve it with mashed potatoes and cream of corn as if it were a top sirloin. Don't get me wrong, hamburg steaks are actually quite delicious, and I thought Big Boy was exceptionally so, but there's still a little part of my soul that cries every time I realize that there are no WSG brie and shittake mushroom burgers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment