Monday, January 25, 2010

Yukiguni


Yukiguni. Snow country. Where there is snow. Lots of it. Copious amounts. An amplitude of collected ice crystals. A plenitude of frozen water. Oodles and oodles of freaking snow! Please take this time to enjoy the assorted pictures I've taken over December and January of the magnitude of the frozen mass, and I swear if I hear one more person complain about it being 35 degrees at night in Tucson I will ship some of this to you. Express Air Mail.

I'm sure you noticed Aaron being a lovely model in the banner picture, serving as an example of how tall our snow pile has become. The picture immediately above didn't turn out as well as I wanted, but basically at that point the snow was almost a foot deep on the ground.

The above two pictures are of the rice fields behind my house. They're actually incredibly beautiful covered in pristine snow. Why there's a man in the middle of them, shoveling snow in the middle of nowhere, I haven't a clue. But good luck to him. Below, you will find a movie of snow in motion, as it falls quietly down from the sky, softly covering everything in the entire world, making you wake up the next morning to try and find your car in the roundish pile of ice in front of your house. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment