Wednesday, January 25, 2012

If I Was a Manga....


If I was a manga (Japanese comic book), or in a manga, it would be this one. While it's handily translated for you on the bottom there into English (Addicted to curry), a more accurate translation of karei nara shokutaku would be 'If it's curry, then I'm a food fanatic'; this is me to the letter since coming to Japan.

I liked curry when I was in the States too, don't get me wrong, but I liked the Indian variety. While I still love Indian curry, I don't love all of it; shockingly, I don't like the sensation of my tongue turning into liquid fire in my mouth, so some of the spicier varieties I tend to avoid. Japanese curry has the advantage of not only tasting very different, but not being that spicy either. There is also katsu curry (breaded pork cutlet curry) here, which I have had every day for lunch, for a week straight, on more than one occasion. What can I say? I'm addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment